| SAFE presents 'We Are Family - Conversations with Family and Friends'
|SAFE Singapore presents 'We Are Family - Conversations with Family and Friends'
Saturday 28 April 2007, 3 - 5pm
Pelangi Pride Centre @ Bianco
21 Tanjong Pagar Road #04-01
Free entry, by invitation/registration only
*Note to all guests: An appointed photographer/videographer will be present to record the event for archival purposes.
As a courtesy to other guests and our speakers, unauthorised photography/videography/audio recording during the event will not be permitted. We thank you for your understanding.
As parents, we all love our children unconditionally. However, most of us are not prepared to hear our child say, "Mum, Dad, I'm gay."
In such an event, you need to know you are not alone. There are many parents in similar situations and while it may feel as if you have lost your child, you haven't. Your child is the same person he or she was yesterday. And many parents can, and have from such situations, developed stronger, closer relationships with their children than they ever had before.
This has been the case for all the parents, family members and friends of gay and lesbian people, who will share their stories with you at this afternoon family get-together.
Come and join them in conversation as they help you:
- understand and handle emotions of shock, denial, guilt or anger
- understand the truth of what being gay means
- move towards understanding your son or daughter better
- encourage and support him / her in a largely unaccepting society
- manage relationships with other family members, relatives and friends
- and for those who have a religious faith, come hear from religious leaders how faith offers comfort and acceptance for our LGBT family members rather than condemnation.
SAFE aims to help families stay together, stay close, stay connected and stay committed to building relationships that are too precious to lose. If you believe We Are Family, and would like to attend this conversation, please register and join us.
To register, please contact us your name, contact number/email, and the names of your guests (if any) at safesingapore[at]gmail.com by Friday, 27 April, 6pm.
Seating will be available on a first-arrive, first-seated basis.